I absolutely love Chevy Chase, and I think I love that movie since it's so much like my family. Holidays and family get togethers are always insane with such a dysfunctional family, but that's why I love them! I know this isn't the most popular holiday movie ever, so I'll explain what I chose to portray from the movie.
- Thumb: The Griswold 1989 Taurus station wagon. Yes, it is actually purplish with wood paneling on the sides. I love the opening scene when they're getting the family Christmas tree and forget a saw or axe! So they end up putting the entire tree on the roof of the car, roots and all. That's what I decided to paint.
- Index: A squirrel. I also love the scene where they're on their second Christmas tree, and a squirrel jumps out of it and everybody freaks out. One of the grandfathers in the movie shouts "squirrel!" and then everybody runs from it. The chaos caused by such a tiny creature is hilarious.
- Middle: The insanely lit up house. This one was difficult to portray given my tiny canvas of a nail, but I tried to paint the front of the house with the front door, porch, second story window with shutters, and roof. It sort of looks like a church, but it's just the house that he put over 24,000 lights on.
- Ring: A swimming pool with diving board. From the start of the movie, Clark wants to put in a swimming pool for his family. He figures he'll use his usual Christmas bonus to pay for it, and he even starts daydreaming about it and envisioning it outside of his window.
- Pinkie: Jelly of the month club. I couldn't fit "jelly of the month" on my pinkie since it's so small, so I just put "jelly month" on a jelly jar. Still, this is iconic since Clark was looking forward to his holiday bonus, but instead of money, all he got was an enrollment in a jelly of the month club. This is quite funny, but also finishes in tipping him over the edge and making him finally lose it after all of the previous shenanigans he endured too.
I used quite a few colors for these nails: Essie Poor Lil Rich Girl, Ulta The Jungle Look, Ulta Sun-Sational, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, Pure Ice Jaguar, Sinful Colors Why Not, Wet n Wild French White Creme, Wet n Wild Black Creme
Nail art polishes: Cocoa, Retro Denim, Pearl Silver, White, Lavender, Charcoal, Miss Sergeant
Well I explained each nail the best I could without spoiling all of the movie. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do! There are so many silly laughs, and every time I watch it, I still catch some other crazy detail. Here are closeups of each since I couldn't get them all together very well:
I know it isn't as obviously Christmas-y as some other movies, but hey, it's my favorite! Now excuse me while I go watch it again with some hot cocoa!
See which movies each of these other lovely bloggers chose:
Peace Love Lacquer
Nails By Katie
Jilltastic Nail Design
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Glitter Me This
Nail Polish Anonymous
Dipped in Lacquer
Makeup Your Face
Just Another Polish Addiction
Tes Did It Nails
It’s Just Me…ChiChi